Wrexham County Borough Council’s School Meals Catering Service continually works towards providing a good range of healthier meal choices, in order to fulfil some of the nutritional requirements of growing and developing children.
- Infant School Meal – £2.40
- Junior School Meal – £2.40
Is Your Child Entitled to Free School Meals?
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive Free School Meals in maintained schools in Wales:
- Income Support (IS)*
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below the HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
*Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also eligible to receive free school lunches.
If you are eligible to receive free school meals it is very important to your child’s school that you apply. This registers the school for additional grant funding from Welsh Government.
If your child prefers to take a packed lunch or make other arrangements, it is still important to register for free school meals for your school to receive the additional funding. This year the additional funding is worth £1150 for each child that qualifies.